FineLine Lakeshore Service installs large natural rock along your shoreline to control or stop erosion and beautify your lakefront.
FineLine will handle all phases of the project — shoreline assessment, permit procedures, shoreline preparation, and final installation following the permit requirements. RipRap is installed by a claim barge or bobcat depending on project location.
- Assess shoreline
- Obtain permits
- Prepare shoreline for riprap
- Install riprap wall
- Up to 30" diameter natural stone rock
- 3' horizontal to 1' vertical slope (3 to 1 finished slope)
- Large rock used at base to secure wall
- Geotextile filter fabric placed between soil and riprap
- At least 6" of graded gravel used for transitional layer between filter fabric and stone wall to prevent erosion of the embankment and to prevent settlement
- Horizontal encroachment no more than 5' waterward from ordinary high water level